It has become RHPS tradition for the audience to have props for use during the show.
With certain exceptions, we encourage you to be creative about props.
There are a few specific and general restrictions on props allowed at our theater.
- No rice, confetti, glitter or other tiny and hard to clean up material
- Only lighters with kill switches are allowed such as BIC disposable lighters
- No supersoakers or other high volume squirt guns
- Nothing sticky or difficult to sweep up with a broom
Here is a list of suggested props and their uses. We sell $2 prop bags before the show — * = item not included in the prop bag
- Squirt Gun
- Make it rain when Brad and Janet leave their car
- Hold it over your head with Janet as she sings There's a Light
- Light up with the lyric There's a light and extinguish with the lyric darkness
- Use them with the Transylvanians throughout the show*
- Rubber Glove
- Snap with Frank as he creates Rocky Horror*
- Blow up before Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me us use for sound effects with Janet*
- Toilet Paper
- Throw as Dr. Scott bursts through the laboratory wall
- As everyone is eating dinner, throw when Frank offers a toast*
- Playing Cards
- Throw when Frank laments cards for sorrow, cards for pain
Note: Please be careful to avoid throwing anything forward of the second row of seats